Thursday 11 March 2010

Plan a campaign



After I researched the campaigns, I had to think about my own campaign. Firstly, I decided to do my campaign about prisoners, then I changed my mind and decided to do it about domestic violence. I think domestic violence can happen to anyone and it is important to inform people about it. My target audience is 16 to 24 years old. I had to make four initial designs about domestic violence on the paper and after that I had to choose one design. I chose initial design number 4 and developed the design on the computer by using 'Fireworks'.
The materials and equipement I need for the campaign is pencil, rubber, pen, colours, paper, computer (IMAC), internet, Fireworks and colour printer.
Aim:
  • To rise awareness about domestic violence issues. 
  • Alert people of the effects of different types of violence.
Objective:
  • To understand the effects of violence.
  • To provide safety planning for a victim of intimate partner violence.
  • To contribute in order to abolish violence and abuse.
  • To know the risk factors for becoming a victim or a perpetrator of family violence.





    In my first campaign poster I researched the internet and found some images of domestic violence. I went to Fireworks and created a background by using emerald green gradient bars. I chose this background randomly just to see if it looked good or not.
    I made a square box by using layers with black, grey and white colours. Then, I used the image of a little boy who was beaten very badly and hurt. The poster shows the boy thinking: ‘End Domestic Violence NOW’ in the ‘think bubble’. The words 'End Domestic Violence NOW' I wrote in black and I used academy engraved LET font. I did this to make the words stand out. I edited the little boy's image by removing the background to show he is alone and hurt. Likewise, for the other two images I chose these because many women are shown as inferior to men. The right-hand side image shows a teenage girl about to be beaten by a man, the image on the left-hand side shows a woman already beaten very badly by someone. The two images are similar in some ways, both women are sitting and emotionally scared by someone else and show the different effects of domestic violence.
    The image of a hand tells us to stop violence and bring awareness to violence and abuse. I have used a clock on the right hand side to show it is time to stop the violence. The title for my campaign poster is ‘STOP VIOLENCE’. I chose this name because I want people to stop violence and the abuse of others. The word 'STOP' I wrote in blue capital letters with a black outline and I used academy engraved LET font. The word 'VIOLENCE' I wrote in red capital letters with a black outline and I used same font. The colour red is a symbol for blood which I thought was appropriate.
    When I finished this poster I didn't like the background because it did not match with my target audience: it was too dull and boring. Therefore, I decided to change my background and also I made some changes to my poster to make it stand out and attract my target audience. These changes included removing the box on the right hand side, reducing the size of the two images at the top of the poster, making the word 'NOW' red with an exclamation mark and putting a website of my blog at the bottom of the poster. 




    I made some changes on this poster to look more eye catching than before. I changed the background by using black and white gradient bars then added another layer using a pointer tool. Then I clicked on brush tool, stroke category, oil and then chose 'splatter'. I have used grey, white and red to make the background bubbles look interesting. At the top I used the pointer tool to make the images smaller and join in the middle. In the thinking bubble I wrote' End Domestic Violence' in black and I wrote 'NOW!!!' in red with a black outline. I made this bigger than the other text and with exclamation mark to show that people should be alert. I took out the square box on the right hand side because it didn't fit against the background. At the bottom I wrote a website in red with white outline to let  more people visit my website about the domestic violence.
    The main message for this campaign is to raise awareness of domestic violence and tell the people what domestic violence is through my poster. My target audience is 16 to 24 years olds because if they learn about the issues when they are young they will be educated about the problem for the rest of their lives and know how to dealwith the problem if it affects them. I want to make people aware of the effects of violence and that it can happen to anyone, for example, children, teenagers and adults, althrough mainly women. There are different types of domestic violence like physical, emotional, sexual and economic abuse. Domestic violence happens all over the world and it is difficult to measure who experiences domestic violence and how it affects their lives. People have to know about it and victims need to know how to help themselves, where to get help and be able to talk to someone in confidence.
    I am going to use my posters to persuade my target audience to take notice of the campiagn and message.I am going to distribute and display my poster in different places used by young people. For example, school, youth clubs, colleges, universities, local libraries, sports centres, night clubs, churches and local shops I will organise talks and worshops for young people through their schools. I am also going to use my blog site where people can visit, see my poster and read the information I have provided. These methods will publicise and spread the message of my campaign to young people and help to persuade them to be aware of the issues of domestic violence and know what to do if it affects them or someone they know.
    The material and equipment I need is:
    • Coloured printer
    • Paper
    • Laminator
    • Display boards
    • Accommodation/ room for talks and workshops



      Website for further information:
      http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/crime-victims/reducing-crime/domestic-violence/
      http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_family/family/domestic_violence.htm
      http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/domesticviolence.html
      http://www.nspcc.org.uk/HelpAndAdvice/Parentsandcarers/DomesticViolence/domesticviolence_wda35960.html

      No comments:

      Post a Comment