Tuesday 30 March 2010

NCFE- Music Technology- Unit 1 Assessment

How do you save your data appropriately?

If I want to save my data I go to the top of the screen and I click the 'file'. Then, I go the 'save as' writing down my folder name, date and finally click on 'save'.

Set up a track?


First I press 'file' and click on 'new'. Then, I look at the list of templates and chose 'Empty Project'. 'New tracks' folder is shown in the screen. From there we can chose many tracks but I chose only two as for type it should be 'software instrument' and click on 'create'. Finally, the 'number of tracks' are sown in the screen.

Assign a sound to the track?


If I want to choose any sound track I go to the 'Library' in Logic Pro and click which is on the right hand side. Then, different types of software instruments are shown and from there I decided to choose 2 or 3 tracks for my jazz piece. For example, I chose 'Keyboards' software instrument and from there will be a list of different kinds of sounds. I click on 'warped organs' and even from this sounds there are lots of options for creating a piece of music. Finally, I chose 'atmosphere organ' which will be shown in the 'Global Tracks'.

Record a MIDI sequence?


If I want to record the MIDI sequence in to the 'Logic Pro'. First I connect the keyboard with the (IMAC) then I 'switch on' the keyboard button which is in the back. I go to the bottom of the 'Logic Pro' then I click on the record button. Now, play the keyboard buttons then its start recording.


Evaluate the quality of the recorded sequence and amend where appropriate.


                                                                                                                                                                      


How do you quantise a track?


How do you set up and record extra tracks?


How do you evaluate final recordings?


How do you move, copy & paste, erase and use other tools in the tool box?


First I click the pointer tool then I click the piece of music and drag it one place to another. If I want to repeat the piece of music then I click the piece of music and I click the 'Edit' the I click the copy button. I click to the 'Logic Pro' and then I click the 'Edit' button and paste.


How do you use automation?


How do you evaluate an end product?

No comments:

Post a Comment