Tuesday 2 February 2010

CD cover


This is the CD cover I made. AT the beginning I was not sure what the title would be. Later I decided to use ‘Friends’ as the title because I was interested in friendships. I wanted the CD cover to be simple with a fresh, green happy environment which is created by the park scene. The images show people smiling at the camera which invite the observer into their friendship. Even though the boy and the girl at the front of the picture are not together. I want to show that they are still friends. I used people from different cultures to promote the idea of friendship across cultures. The Cd cover is aimed at young people. I kept a frame on three girls to make a remembrance photo as it is shown. The font I used in the centre part of the CD cover is the title ‘Friends’ to illustrate the idea of companionship and good relationships.
The theme of the CD cover is friendship. I used the symbol of the yellow moon to show that friendship, like the moon, changes. The moon is constant and so friendship can still exist even when friends are separated. A strong bond will keep them close. 
I used fireworks to make it by using layers. Firstly I put on the background picture. Then I put the three close up pictures together and took out the background by using magic wand, lasso and an eraser. I made three close up pictures smaller and placed them at the top of the picture. I put a close up of the girl on the right hand side and made it little bit bigger than the other three pictures. On the left hand side I put a close up picture of the boy and made it bigger than all the others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment